Accelerating Technology and Investment in SoutheastAsia’s Agri-Food Supply Chain
Rethink Events has announced a major new summit, Rethink Agri-Food Innovation Week in Singapore on November 27-29, 2018. The three-day programme will investigate the growing role of technology in building an efficient, resilient and sustainable agri-food supply chain that can deliver fresh, nutritious food to today’s fast-changing consumer market.
The event builds on the pillars of Rethink’s successful global agri-food technology portfolio, the World Agri-Tech, Future Food-Tech and Indoor AgTech Innovation Summits, which take place in London, San Francisco and New York.
Home to 90% of the world’s farmers, Southeast Asia’s agri-food ecosystem is ripe for technology disruption. The challenges of climate change, urbanisation and rapidly evolving dietary needs are creating an urgent demand for sustainable solutions to increase resilience and optimise farming processes, minimise waste, achieve supply-chain traceability and develop healthy, exciting new food ingredients and products for the regional market.
Rethink Agri-Food Innovation Week Singapore will connect international agribusinesses, indoor growers, food brands and ingredient developers with equipment manufacturers, entrepreneurs and investors to share innovation and experiences from around the globe, with the objective of targeting the right solutions to the Southeast Asian region’s needs.
Commenting on the launch, Jennie Moss, Founder and Managing Director of Rethink Events, said:“We are delighted to bring this new summit to Singapore, in response to demand from our current global agri-food base and with the valued support of our regional partners.
“Southeast Asia’s agri-food industry faces great challenges but also offers exciting opportunities for companies looking to enter this market and build partnerships with regional operators. We look
forward to providing a highly targeted, timely platform for the region’s agri-food innovation ecosystem to meet and flourish, fuelled by high-level market intelligence and a focus on networking.”
The summit’s comprehensive agenda will cover the full spectrum of agri-food production and distribution, with sessions focusing on agriculture, aquaculture, indoor farming and food manufacturing to reflect the learning and networking priorities for delegates.
- The power of drones in precision farming of oil palm and rice
- Empowering smallholder farmers through data and digitization
- Targeting protein innovation to healthy, sustainable aquaculture
- Achieving supply chain traceability with big data and blockchain
- Advances in plant science, robotics and lighting for indoor agriculture
- Building commercial-scale vertical farming operations
- Delivering targeted nutrition through food ingredient innovation
- Harnessing the power of biotech in food with gene editing and clean meat.The summit will explore the latest models for technology investment, incubation and commercialisation, and showcase the most exciting start-ups from around the world. Extensive networking opportunities throughout the event include a full program of 1-1 meetings, networking breaks, roundtable workshops and social events.Full information on the summit, agenda, opportunities and delegate registration is available atwww.agrifoodinnovation.com
Use the code below to save $500 off your ticket price: